Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch to PC connectivity

hgood21349
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up a cisco packet tracer to have 6 separate vlans. I have 2 PC's in each vlan connecting to a 2960 switch, each switch is further connected to one 2960 switch which is connected to a 3560 Layer 3 switch. Each vlan (the PC's) has a different subnet. Each 2960 switch is on the same subnet differing from the vlan PC's. I have set up a SVI on each switch and trunking. My issue is I cannot ping from PC to 2960 switch. However, I can ping from pc to pc on different vlans, I can ping from 2960 switch to 2960 switch, I can ping from PC to all interfaces configured on Layer 3 3560 switch including the ip address for the 2960 switch subnet. Does anyone know how I may resolve this issue? 

Thank you. 

5 Replies 5

Hello

Can you post a topology diagram please

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Capture.PNG

This is my topology.

Thank you for your reply!

Can you post the lab so that we can take a look?

i am guessing probably it's a missing route or vlan config.

Also if you want to tshoot on your own use the simulation mode and start the ping then you can open packets and see what path they are taking and were they are dropping with what specific reason.

Then you can correct the same!

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

hi  hgood21349

i think your issues is ; "My issue is I cannot ping from PC to 2960 switch"

let's take the first vlan : vlan 308

please share this information : 

IP adress PC : 

IP adress Switch 2960 :

Hello

Post the PT file if possible

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card