cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch to Switch etherchannel issue

InfiniteOne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. So for a lab I am doing with packet tracer, I am having an issue with ether channel. I have setup the etherchannel, and am able to ping through from pc through the etherchannel to another pc, but I am getting a vlan mismatch error. Pictures:112.PNG111.PNG

Configuration:

S1:

- int range fa0/1-4

- switchport access vlan 100

- channel-group 1 mode active

S2:

- int range fa0/1-4

- switchport access vlan 100

- channel-group 1 mode active

Please tell me what I am doing wrong! Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brselzer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What is the configuration of the etherchannel interface? (show run int po1) This will need to be assigned as an access port in vlan 100. 

Also, be careful. You have assigned vlan 100 to the interface IF it is an access port but haven't actually assigned it as an access port (switchport mode access). If DTP, which is enabled by default, negotiates the link as a trunk, the vlan assignment might not have any impact. 

Hope that helps. Thanks!

-Bradley Selzer
CCIE# 60833

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brselzer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What is the configuration of the etherchannel interface? (show run int po1) This will need to be assigned as an access port in vlan 100. 

Also, be careful. You have assigned vlan 100 to the interface IF it is an access port but haven't actually assigned it as an access port (switchport mode access). If DTP, which is enabled by default, negotiates the link as a trunk, the vlan assignment might not have any impact. 

Hope that helps. Thanks!

-Bradley Selzer
CCIE# 60833

I switchported them.

It works! No errors! Thanks!! :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card