cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching the VLAN interface on a switch through Console

michael.porter
Level 1
Level 1

I have done something and not sure how to fix it.   I thought, "Hey ask people who know it all"!!

I have within the SG500 switch GUI interface under the "IP Configuration"---> "Management and IP Interfaces"---->IPv4 Interface, I entered the correct static IP but the wrong VLAN.  I can no longer connect to the switch through ethernet.   How would someone change the VLAN through console commands?

BTW I have learned tons from you guys and thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have never used the SG series before but page 32 and 33 shows how to access the console. Once you are in you, can change the vlan. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/cli_guide/CLI_500.pdf

HTH

It does show how to change the IP of the VLANs but not of the IPv4 interface of the switch and how to chnage its VLAN.  

michael.porter
Level 1
Level 1

I have found the answer.  If you need to update the VLAN of the switch here is how you do it in console:

switchxxxxxx# configure terminal

switchxxxxxx(config)#interface vlan (what you want to change the switch VLAN to)

switchxxxxxx(config-if) ip address (Whatever the ip for the switch is) (Whatever the Subnet mask is)

It will then ask if you want to change the information.  Type Y

Type "end"

Type "show ip interface" to see the changed VLAN.

Your all done!!

Thank you Reza for guiding me!!!

Glad to help Mike

Good Luck!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card