cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchport output drops cycling from 0 to numbers in the millions

ckilday
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4-switch stack of 3750X's and at least one of the ports on switch 2 is "cycling" through random (and bogus) output drop totals. I've seen the number go from 0 to 4418839 the next time I did a "show interface" and then have it drop back to 0 when I displayed the interface just moments later. I seem to recall this happened several years ago, but I don't remember the fix. The stack is running 12.2(58)SE2 level code.

Does anyone out there recall this problem and its solution?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The stack is running 12.2(58)SE2 level code.

I'd be upgrading the IOS of the stack.  I've seen some weird things happening when using the now-defunct 12.2(58)SE train.

View solution in original post

12.2(55)SE train is, by a wide, wide margin, the most stable IOS (for 3560 & 3750 series family of switches) I've ever encountered.  

Just sad to say that Cisco has issued the "end of sale" for this train.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The stack is running 12.2(58)SE2 level code.

I'd be upgrading the IOS of the stack.  I've seen some weird things happening when using the now-defunct 12.2(58)SE train.

I think that's the way I'll go. I see Cisco is recommending 15.0(2)SE10a code for the 3750X's. There happen to be about 10 3560's hanging off of this stack. I'm thinking of standardizing them on 12.2(55)SE11). Have you heard of any problems with those codes interacting?

12.2(55)SE train is, by a wide, wide margin, the most stable IOS (for 3560 & 3750 series family of switches) I've ever encountered.  

Just sad to say that Cisco has issued the "end of sale" for this train.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card