Helpful
Replies

SYS-4-CHUNKSIBLINGSEXCEED

mika-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem :

%SYS-4-CHUNKSIBLINGSEXCEED: Number of siblings in a chunk has gone above the threshold. Threshold:10000 Sibling-Count:45558 Chunk:0x20EB71D0 Name:Elsinore TSIP P -Process= "GNSS Periodic Process", ipl= 0, pid= 92

Version IOS : IE-5000-12S12P-10G 15.2(7)E4

GNSS status is disabled.

Thank u for your feedback

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably a bug ; have a try with https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286286911/type/280805680/release/15.2.8E5
                                                             (current advisory release and check if that can help_

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

mika-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have an architecture with several IE5000 in STACK configuration and no problem on my 4 other networks. All my STACKs have the same version 15.2(7)E.

- Usually that is to be 'excluded' from the solution offered ; meaning that particular bugs can also be triggered on device specific load , specific networking patterns traversing it  , ...(e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

mika-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

The only thing that's different from other switch stacks is that this network is in RTSP, while the others that don't show the error are with REP protocol.

- A reason more to try with https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286286911/type/280805680/release/15.2.8E5

M.

mika-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I am going to install version 15.2.8E5 for the two switches forming the STACK (IE-5000-12S12P-10G Industrial Ethernet Switch).

Switch Ports                Model SW                                     Version                                           SW Image
------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
* 1          28            IE-5000-12S12P-10G                      15.2(7)E4                         IE5000-UNIVERSALK9-M
2            28            IE-5000-12S12P-10G                         15.2(7)E4                         IE5000-UNIVERSALK9-M

- Great plan! Let us know if it helped , 

M.

mika-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

The network is in operation, I need to arrange a shutdown with the customer to install the new firmware. This will not be done now.
And the problem is that at some point, about 8 weeks from now, one of the two switches restarts by itself.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card