Views
Helpful
Replies

system:default-running-config on 3560G with same IOS different

Max Foci
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening

Whilst working with the autoinstall feature, which on a 3560G is dependant on VLAN1 being enabled and configured for DHCP Client mode I noticed that some switches would not pull DHCP, whilst some would.

My findings show the following:

In the system:default-running-config file, which contains default settings for all paramaters some devices had VLAN 1 shutdown and no ip address configured. Whilst some devices had DHCP Client and no shutdown configured.

The devices are all the same model (3560G) running the same IOS version and licence level. Does anyone know why this would be different?

Thanks

Max

2 Replies 2

Hi

The DHCP Server is a standalone server? I assuming the switches has the factory settings, is that correct?

As good security practice the vlan 1 should be disabled.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio

Yes I'm aware of that. The DHCP Server is a dedicated machine, but this is not relevant. The matter of discussion is that VLAN 1's default configuration varies on different same model switches with the same IOS version running.

This is a deployment scenario where VLAN 1 is being used during bootup only. Therefore it does not pose a security risk.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card