Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal is slow to react in configuration mode Cisco catalyst 9200

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I have some weird behavior. 
My Cisco Catalyst 9200 switch reacts slowly on whichever command i type in configuration mode, while in exec and enabled mode it reacts at normal speed.
It is the same behavior in on SSH as on Serial. 

2 days ago I did configure it without any problem, and after a reboot still worked normal. I'm the only one who have managed the config of the switch.

The only thing that changed is that the switch has been moved to the rack in another building and connected to the net. 

CPU and Memory are normal and there are no strange messages in the logs.

Any suggestions what it can be? I'm kinda lost. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, tried one last thing, and it apparently  worked. We use Cisco ISE login on the switches and I did not yet added this new switch to ISE. Apparently the switch configuration mode get slowed down when the ISE server is ignoring the switch. Enabled mode does not show this behavior, and before adding it to ISE i logged into the switch with a local backup account and experienced this. 
It still is weird behavior.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, tried one last thing, and it apparently  worked. We use Cisco ISE login on the switches and I did not yet added this new switch to ISE. Apparently the switch configuration mode get slowed down when the ISE server is ignoring the switch. Enabled mode does not show this behavior, and before adding it to ISE i logged into the switch with a local backup account and experienced this. 
It still is weird behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card