Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I configured a very basic ACE rule to debug switching issues I have on my network.The switch is running on a single VLAN1, without extra modifications or services activatedInterface: VLAN1, IP Address type: DHCP, IP address: 10.0.0.11, Mask 255.25...

Filomena by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I made my 9 switch stack the VTP server yesterday. Today I get VTP message that says:Feb  1 10:35:49: %SW_VLAN-4-VTP_USER_NOTIFICATION: VTP protocol user notification: MD5 digest checksum mismatch on receipt of equal revision summary on trunk: St9  (...

Hello guys, Recently i have lost remote connections to one of my access 9300 switch, i cannot SSH it, when I consoled to the switch it didn't allow or prompt me to put the user name and password, it showed lots of error regarding the memory low.I am ...

star1 by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I need to configure a Nexus 9000 switch ( N9K-C9348GC-FXP - release 7.0(3)I7(3) ) to authenticate one or more users using TACACS and another user using Local authentication simultaneously. I tried to configure "aaa authentication login default ...

Hi,  The switch Cisco 2960CX-8PC-L supports PoE+, the total power budget is 124W, which means maximum 4 ports can support PoE+. Let's say the switch now has 2 PoE+ devices connected, does it mean the switch's PoE budget become 64W? Can we use the 64W...

Hi all, I have a Nexus 9k switch running the latest 9.3.3 NX-OS software. It's querying a modern Cisco router which is acting as an NTP server. This NTP server communicates with dozens of various other devices at either NTP v3 or v4 depending on thei...

Nadav by Level 7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if there are some dumb questions... Basically I have 2 x 9300 switches that are running PIM-SM on them that are connected to each other over a port channel.  I have started my config below (excluding the physica...

Ethical01 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guys,  There’s anything special I need to do to get a bare-metal to pxe boot on a trunk port? I can’t get any machine to pxe boot, would appreciate your help if someone paste there configuration, although all server running flat vlan pxe boot f...

rafise by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In regards to using an ACL under the "user", is the ACL where you enter the IP of the receiver/Solarwinds, PRTG, etc?Under the "group" config, for what circumstances do you just want read access or only write access, or both?Communities are no longer...