Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The SG-350 10-port Switch Continually Prompts to Save

The sg-350 switch continually prompts to save whenever logging into the GUI interface and also when logging out of the command line interface even though no changes were made. Why is this? How do I fix it?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3 questions to try to understand this symptom better:

1) Is it possible that some config change was made which has not been saved?

2) If you respond to the prompt and do save the config, does the symptom stop or does it continue?

3) If you do show run from CLI is there a time stamp for running config and time stamp for saved config? Are the time stamps the same or different?

HTH

Rick

1. When I click save, I see a spinning cursor and I am not able to click on anything. About two minutes
   later when I am finally able to click on the menu items, I am automatically logged out from the GUI.
   I logged back in again. This time I tried to set the time as it is off. When I clicked on <Time Settings>
   <SNTP Unicast>, I got the spinning cursor again and was not able to click on anything for
   fifteen minutes. Something flaky is going on here. In short, the GUI becomes unresponsive after a few
   clicks of the menu. So it is unusable at this point. Forty minutes later the cursor is still spinning.
   I got tired of waiting and closed the browser.

2. I had to do the save twice at the command line before it took. Let's hope it stays that way and does
   not bother me again about saving when no changes have been made. I really do need access to the GUI
   because I don't know how to do everything from the command line.

3. I don't know what you mean. <# sh run> displays the content of the file, not its date and time stamp
   As for the running-config file, I don't know where that is located. If I type <dir> from the path of
   flash://system/configuration/ it shows the startup-configuration file:

Permission File Size    Last Modified                   File Name
---------- --------- -------------------- --------------------------------------
   -rw-     1310720  26-Nov-2019 01:27:34 /startup-config

Thanks for the information. On many Cisco devices the running config does have a time stamp for when it was last changed. Apparently the 350 does not do that.

HTH

Rick

Here are some other firmware bugs I have observed: Froze at "Processing data" after clicking save button using firefox test profile and logged in as "cisco". GUI locks up after making a change and applying the settings. After a few minutes of time elapses, it logs you off. When you log in again, you get the flashing save button. Access Error: Site or Page Not Found The page you are looking for might have been moved, removed, renamed or never existed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card