Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with mac address in switch

mulbreizh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and sorry for my english,

I have one Netapp connect to 2 Aruba with two LAG  and next Aruba connect to my cisco.

So Netapp have 2 node, each one connect to LAG to Aruba . There is on Netapp one virtual IP, if node one is down, the virtual IP change to next node and so the MAC adress table is update on Aruba.

The trouble is on Aruba, everything works good. The MAC adress table is update quickly when virtual IP change node but on Cisco who is connect to Aruba, it keep old resolution MAC <-> IP of netapp. So, when netapp change node, Cisco don't receive new MAC and all computers have no more access to Netapp.

How i can do for Cisco receive quickly update MAC ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://kb.netapp.com/on-prem/ontap/da/NAS/NAS-KBs/LIF_unreachable_after_giveback_due_to_ARP_table_not_updated_on_the_switch

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello marce1000,

I read the link, but gratuitos ARP is send to Aruba, this works fine. Juste gratuitos not send to Cisco.

Hello
Aruba,

• what switches are they ( certain switches run OS software and higher end switch's run CX) 
  • Are these switches clustered/stacked/standalone?
  • How are they connecting to the cisco switch's ( trunk, static/dynamic lag)
  • Can you post the cfg (in a file) of the aruba/cisco switches?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Aruba switch is 8100 (arubaCX), they are stack with 2 dac cables. Then each aruba switch is connect to cisco with Trunk, Cisco is 3850.

Netapp is connect to each Aruba with LAG LACP configuration. Aruba switch have spanning-tree different from Cisco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card