Views
Helpful
Replies

troubleshooting flapping / error disabled interfaces

from88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, community.

After migration to Nexus9000 C93240YC-FX2 with NXOS: version 10.2(5) from old Nexus (5000 series). Strange things with one server started to happen. Problem is that data domain server connected to Nexus works only with one or two interfaces (instead of 4). The server is connected with total of 4 interfaces to pair of FEXes which are connected in straight-through method with Nexus VPC.
The problem is that only two or one of 4 interfaces are working, others are error-disabled. When i shut/no shut err-disabled interfaces, the error-disabled state apear in other interfaces. I suspect the error-disabled comes into play because of server interfaces for some reason starts to flap. But i want to see the reason in the Nexus side. How it's possible to troubleshooot/debug the reason why interface's appear in error-disabled state ? The show error disable doesnt probvie any valuable information...

Sometimes the log states this:
2023 Sep 19 18:49:42 DEVICE %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_ERROR_DISABLED: Interface Ethernet130/1/13 is down (Error disabled. Reason:Received REINIT_NO_FLAP request)

How would you start troubleshooting and finding the reason why the connectivity between Nexus and Server doesnt work ? We're trying to find whose fault it's

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>..How would you start troubleshooting and finding the reason why the connectivity between Nexus and Server doesnt work ? 
       - If you talk about Windows server(s) for instance use eventvwr and look for events/errors related to networking (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card