cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting modules??!!

kevin.hillis
Level 1
Level 1

Forgive me for my "n00bness".......I haven't had a chance to play with my cisco lab in the past few years and am just now finding the time to get back into it.  The only problem.........this issue is at work. 

I am connecting two catalyst 2960 switches (one 8 port, one 48 port).  The modules are fluxlight GLC-FE-100FX 100BaseFX on both ends.  I am unfortunately not getting any lights on either switch. 

I've swapped modules, swapped cables A-B, B-A.......still no go.  Any other time, I would HAVE the time to really "delv" in and troubleshoot, unfortunately time is short on this one and was hoping to get a good lead on what to look for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.......this is my opportunity to get back into to learning more with Cisco, so that is a plus side :)

4 Replies 4

Hi

To be honest I have not worked with this brand, but if they are compatible with Cisco devices, are you using multi mode fiber cable?

Are your Cisco 2960 models included on this list?:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/39522/cisco-glc-fe-100fx-compatible-100base-fx-mmf-sfp-mini-gbic-transceiver-module

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks for the reply Julio!  Yes, they are in the list you provided.  2960C series......I was leaning towards that as well......until I found out that we have roughly six more setups that have been deployed in the past few months. 

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Check if the interfaces have gone err-disabled as the SFPs are Cisco "compatible":

show interface status err-disable

if the interfaces are err-disabled try the following command if available (do a shut and no shut om the interfaces to bring them out of err-diable):

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

If the interfaces aren't err-disabled try the following command (if available) on the interfaces

media-type gbic

hth
Andy

ps also try a different multi mode patch lead

Thanks Andrew for the reply!!  That module is err-disable but I'll run the other command you suggested, headed there now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card