Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, We have 7 Nexus cores ie Core1 and Core 2 and they have HSRP runing. Say Core 1 add is 172.18.10.1 and Core2 add is 172.18.10.2 and HSRP is 172.18.10.3. We have around 100 VLANs  say VLAN 100 with add 172.18.100.1/24 and VLAN 101 with add 17...

q-le by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

there is problem as  the Configuration under interfaces with this commands ,   switchport port-security maximum 1 switchport port-security violation shutdown switchport port-security mac-address sticky switchport port-security   Here the question ...

Hi All, I have 4 units of cisco 3750-x stacking together. Few days before I perform relocation activity which require the switch need to be turn off. After the activity completed everything working as usual until days after the activity a member fro...

Hey all, new to the cisco world so be easy. Coming from an Enterasys setup where all workstations/servers were in the same vlan (172). I'm running both the enterasys and two Cisco NX9k's (for redundancy/load balancing) with 2960X catalysts switch sta...

joebrug by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I would like to migrate my 3750G switches to a Nexus setup. There are some commands which are no longer recognized in the NX-OS software. The distribute list command and tracking on a static route. router ospf 1 log-adjacency-changes auto-c...

Hi  PC A >>>>> R >>>>>>>R2 > R3> >>R4>>> google.com If I ping from my laptop PC A  to google.com with TTL value 0 then My packet is going out of interface and R is replying ICMP TTL time exceeded. How come PC A forwarded packet?   If I send ping -...

Am I missing something? I press the reset button and hold it and it does not reset the unit. I tried for 30 seconds. I tried with it on and with it off. I saw a post saying the reset button is completely useless and you have to use console. Is that t...

bfeole001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Below is my output.  Why is it that MST1 has a root cost of 100000 while MST0 has a cost of 0?  The same bridge is the root for both of those instances and I have not modified the cost for any of the ports.#sh spanning-tree root                      ...

vincehgov by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There, Can somebody help me here to resolve the issue - half stack/speed. Is there compatibility issue or how can i resolve it. Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ------ ----- -----              --------...

Abhi Krsn by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an oddity where the reported MAC ID of switches using CLI is not correct at last pair of digits. This anomaly is consistent across all 4 2000s that I have. 3 of my switches have MACs that end in .00. But when I look at the MAC ID  using CLI, t...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card