Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Output Queue drops on Cisco 3850 Platforms

glenne nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

A "show int summary" on 2960 X and 3850's across our enterprise shows output queue drops on all devices irrespective of IOS levels.

On the 2960X's " show int Gi/3/0/13" output shows the same drops (19287)as "show mls qos int Gi3/0/13 statistics on Queue 3 threshold 3 (see attached screen shots).

However, I cannot find any equivalent commands on the 3850's that can correlate the drops on an interface to any queues on that interface as is possible with the 2960X's. Dose anyone know of a command on the 3850's that will do that.

QOS is not enabled and we are have no reports of performance issues.

Thanks in advance,

Glenne

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the 3850 uses MQC, so the commands are different. You could use:

show platform qos queue stats interface_type [interface_name]

Below is a comparison chart for MLS vs MQC (the 2960 uses MLS as well):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/118629-technote-qos-00.html

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response, I've identified that the 3850's use the show platform qos xxxx format, however, "show platform qos interface xxx statistics" shows the [output] drops on that interface but not the queue[s] where the drops are taking place which is the gist of my post.

I will have a look at the link you sent, however, to see if that information is there.

Regards,

Glenne.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card