cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting the LAN - Packer Tracer

Scott1sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all i am new here and hopefully can get some help with a packet tracer exercise im stuck with.

I have attached the packet tracer exercise file as a link and the relevant word document.

https://workupload.com/file/vxM4Kda

So far i have done the following

Assigned IP to desktop/laptop via DHCP

DC-svr has services DHCP and DNS configured

DHCP-svr has services DHCP and DNS configured

I can ping 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.6 from both desktop and laptop

I can ping dc-svr.smallfirm.com from both

However i cannot ping DHCP-svr.smallfirm.com from either and i cant figure out why.

Tried various combinations and still cant get it to work, im sure its something simple i have missed but any help is greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Finally figured out i set the dhcp dns in the dhcp server when i should have set it in the dc server as it is the domain controller, rookie mistake lol.

@Julio E. Moisa thank you for the help regardless :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

From the laptop im able to ping to every device, check if you are getting IP address via DHCP. 

The problem could be when the switch is starting the ports, verify the laptop and PC and change from dhcp to static and then revert that to dhcp in order to obtain the correct IP address which ones should be .1 and .2

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Finally figured out i set the dhcp dns in the dhcp server when i should have set it in the dc server as it is the domain controller, rookie mistake lol.

@Julio E. Moisa thank you for the help regardless :)

You are welcome

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card