Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to mark QOS on VLAN traffic on Nexus 7K

I need to mark the traffic for a server with AF31. The server is not capable of marking the traffic on its own. The gateway device is configured on Nexus 7K switch. I am trying to mark the traffic from that server on Gateway using following configuration.

I am trying all the traffic coming from that server VLAN to AF31.

class-map match-any classvcs
  match dscp 0

policy-map type qos policyvcs
  class classvcs
    set dscp 26
  class class-default

vlan configuration 81
  service-policy type qos input policyvcs

I ran the Wireshark Capture for communication from server to my machine. I guess it should mark the traffic but its not happening.

Any suggestions on configuration if I am doing it correct or wrong?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, Nexus platforms preserve and trust the QOS marking, but the marking has to be done from the application/server side.

HTH

View solution in original post

Hi,

I am not sure if that is possible, because by the time the traffic is received on that interface by the switch there is no marking to preserve.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, Nexus platforms preserve and trust the QOS marking, but the marking has to be done from the application/server side.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for the update. 

This is exactly I am looking for. The traffic is not marked by application here. I need to mark it on nearest Layer 3 device which is Nexus in this case.

Hence if I need to do that, is the configuration mentioned in the my initial post correct ?

Hi,

I am not sure if that is possible, because by the time the traffic is received on that interface by the switch there is no marking to preserve.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card