Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two data vlans on one interfase

Hello,

I have a question: How can i add two data vlans on cisco 2960 on one interfase?

i have 3 mac adresses on one interfase: one PC, one ipphone and one XP virtual machine(VM).

PC and VM are in one data vlan and phone is in voice vlan. i need to place the VM in another data vlan is it possible?

if so could you give me a link or place information here.

Regards,

Vadim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you'll have to make this interface a trunk port with your PC vlan as native vlan.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

mvknl
Level 1
Level 1

Don't forget that your VM software must support 802.1Q vlan tagging. You have to configure the correct vlan for your virtual machine.

According to your description your switch has already been configured as a trunk as your phone uses another vlan than your pc. In that case you might only have to configure your VM software to tag the network traffic of your XP VM with a 802.1Q tag.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you'll have to make this interface a trunk port with your PC vlan as native vlan.

Regards.

Alain

mvknl
Level 1
Level 1

Don't forget that your VM software must support 802.1Q vlan tagging. You have to configure the correct vlan for your virtual machine.

According to your description your switch has already been configured as a trunk as your phone uses another vlan than your pc. In that case you might only have to configure your VM software to tag the network traffic of your XP VM with a 802.1Q tag.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card