cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two default gateways with 2811

vdalehubbard
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to ask if anybody could point me the right direction how to configure a 2811 router with two default gateways. I bought another port so I have two ethernets coming in and one going out to handle this.

Thanks!

16 Replies 16

I am not saying that your pool needs a 255.255.255.0 mask. I was saying that I thought that your configuration of the pool was inconsistent. Perhaps I misread your attempt at security via obscurity when you put:

ip nat pool NAT 206.**.**.215 206.**.**.*20 netmask 255.255.255.240

I thought you were defining a pool from 215 to 20.

If your pool is to be from 215 to 220 then the mask of 255.255.255.240 is probably ok. But I have a fundamental question to ask about the pool. If you define the pool this way you will be translating addresses on packets so that they leave the router with source addresses 206.*.*.215 to 220. How will the provider know to route those addresses to your router when the response comes back?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I don't care what the provider needs to know to route, I just want this to work.

I put NAT on the route like suggested and so I did a pool of the IP address I had left. I just need to know what I need to do to get this to work. So, NAT on the route and nothing on the PIX? How do I configure the NAT on the router?

Oh yeah, got the correct interface in. Won't let you configure IP addresses on any of the 4 ports. Isn't that grand? Don't know what to do now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card