Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to log on on the site because of IP address chaged

Lost & Found
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Before we are using Defaultgateway Router to Firewall to ISP Router.

since theres a specific address on it.

and now our firewall went down or broken.

so for now our set up is DGW Router to ISP Router.

But there's a site we can't access because of the IP Conflict.

before: From firewall we are using ISP lan base IP address 

but now we are directly to WAN IP because I replace it.

Is this the reason why I cant connect/access their site??

what security type they are using??

Please see the attached photo.

thanks

7 Replies 7

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

It sounds like your Public IP address may have changed.

The 'before' diagram shows an address of 123.1.1.2 /29.
Was/Is this a Public IP address?

In the 'after' diagram, this address no longer exists and you have a 444.0.0.1 /30 address.

Has the Public IP changed?

As said, is your address dynamic? If so and the WAN interface went down you will have another address.

Martin

All interface has been configured as a static. Since now we are not using the firewall I didnot use the ISP lan address which is (123.X.X.X) for easy routing 

from ISP Router I'm Directly Connected to the WAN act as P2P. the inside interface is going to our private address and outside interface is for public.

Before I think we are using 123.1.1.1 when you test it on whatismyipaddress.com

Do you think settng up router on stick could resolve this issue since our firewall is currently down.

thanks

The 123 subnet is your public address pool. It sounds like you have now assigned these addresses to your hosts? If so this is the problem as that site will only be allowing one IP, it also isn't brilliant as it means your hosts are directly connected to the internet.

Before, your firewall would have NAT, so your private IP's would have been translated to the one public address, you need a firewall anyway, and you could then configure the same again.

Martin

Hi

yes, we will replace our defective firewall.

how about setting up router on stick config and the isp router will translate just temporary ??

would it get the or take effect the old ISP address?

thanks

No it won't.

I can think of two options in the interim.

Either get your ISP to reconfigure their router with NAT, or use your other router for it, I am not sure what purpose this serves?

To add, you could of course ask the sites owner, if they allow it, to permit your pool of addresses.

Martin

Yes, I did no use the ISP LAN Address from ISP Router I'm Directly Connected to the WAN act as P2P.

Before I think we are using 123.1.1.1 when you test it on whatismyipaddress.com

Do you think settng up router on stick could resolve this issue since our firewall is currently down.

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card