Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I try to find bugs associated with the equipment C6506-E but unfortunately can not find anything related to the tool:I've been trying to change the number of release according to the picture below (12.2SXJ, 12.2.33-SXJ, 12.2.33-SXJ1 to 12.2.33-SXJ6),...

Hello :   I have Cisco 7609 router and we have observed that router is rebooted due to the following error ;SLOT 3: Apr 13 16:06:26.621: %CARDMGR-2-ESF_DEV_ERROR: An error has occurred on Egress ESF Engine: Control Store Parity Error SLOT 3: Apr 13Sl...

when stacking of 3 switches in row?what will happen for the end nodes(pc,workstation) connected to 2nd unit (switch) of a stack when its port or hardware fails?what are the main advantage?it will share power only or unit1unit2unit3 

vasanth77 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could anyone please let me know which trap we need to enable to monitor FEX module on 5K.If FEX goes down due to link failure/power down we do not receceive any trap on SNMP server.Your help is highly appreciated. Ethernet1/5 is where Fex module i...

I had some strange crashes recently on a 2851.When checking the crash logs I have found that the crash is due to a Address Error (load or instruction fetch) exception.The exception happens at the same address every time.Is there a way to isolate that...

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a 2801 router, and adding a gigabit HWIC card to handle some intervlan routing, with one of the two fast ethernet ports being a link out to the internet. This is mostly just for a test setup. Do you guys think the 2801 w...

ZaneZ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm using switch Catalyst 2960. I use pc for console, I want to packet from a device to switch, I saw that Switch only receive bytes but not receive packets, I don't know why? I console switch, " show interfaces stats". Thank you very much.

tantn6001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone, I have a need to add 3 additional PCs to a subnet from a specific office room. I noticed that we have a cheap spare 4 HP gigabitethernet switch. Is there a problem with plugging this into a switch port defined with VLAN20 without defi...

Hello Everyone,I have a quick question about stackwise plus technology. I would like to confirm that there is no redundancy at the ethernet switch port in terms of a physical problem. The reason I ask is that we are deploying stacked switches shortly...