Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping Vise Versa

amorsico7
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus and Experts

Could you please help to figure out what is wrong with my configurations?

The scenario is when I ping SERVER 4 IP address 192.168.6.192 from SERVER 10 and SERVER 11 the hosts are reachable. However, when I ping SERVER 10 (192.168.2.168) and SERVER 11 (192.168.2.168) from SERVER 4 (192.168.2.192) I cannot receive any reply. But when I ping the SWITCH19 and SWITCH21 (where server 10 and 11 are connected) from SERVER 4 I could get the reply.

Also, whenever I create additional VLAN on switch 18,19 and 21 the active VLAN become administratively down.

I have attached here the network drawing and configuration for reference.  Thanks for the help.

pack.JPG

7 Replies 7

Hi

Im checking the configurations, now if the routers are able to see the subnets into the routing table everything should work. I think it could be related to an ACL on the topology. 

I'll be sharing my findings.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

thank you very much. will wait for your findings then. thanks again..

You are welcome, can I know the reason of the ip access-groups applied on the interfaces on the switch 21? for testing can you remove it and then try again?

I think is the same situation for switch 19.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I'd also bet issue are the ACLs / the implementation of the ACLs. Removing

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip access-group 1 in

interface FastEthernet0/2

ip access-group 2 in

from both interfaces on switch 21 should show results.

I am not convinced that it is related to the problem but I note in the confgs posted that switch 21 has its management vlan in shutdown.

In my experience when server 4 can ping server 10 but server 10 can not ping server 4 that there is a security policy or firewall on server 4 that does not allow ping. Can you check whether server 4 has any firewall or security policy active?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard. i haven't check the local firewall on server 10 and 11 but i doubt it could be, my only question is Server 10 and 11 are reachable form router 4. there is a ping reply when i ping it.

thanks Julio and Stefan, i will try to do your suggestion and will get back to you for result.

also i update the attachment, included Router config.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card