Views
Helpful
Replies

update problem with Catalyst 2960-24TT-L Switch

victorsg1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

In attempt of updating of the software of the switch (on the last option 12.2 or 15.02) via the web interface - infinite loading of the software hangs. With which as system tried to load tar - and Linux and Windows. Browsers via which tried to make updating - only version 50 firefox. With IExplorer & Edge - it was not succeeded to enter the switch interface as in an infinite cycle the request of safe or unsafe connection takes off and when closing a window the request repeats.

In attempt to make updating through Cisco network assistant I receive the error message of updating.

How to solve a problem with updating of the software of the switch?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

As Leo suggested it would be best to upgrade the IOS on this switch through the command line (CLI). Here is the procedure for doing the upgrade through the command line:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41542-191.html

Cheers,

Sam

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use CLI.

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

As Leo suggested it would be best to upgrade the IOS on this switch through the command line (CLI). Here is the procedure for doing the upgrade through the command line:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41542-191.html

Cheers,

Sam

Thank you!

At now I'm load firmware 15.0.2!

But at now I'm can't login to the web-interface. My old login is wrong. default pass like as login=cisco/pass=cisco doesn't work.

telnet doesn't work

If I'm use reset parameters by "mode" button (more 3 seconds) and connect notebook to the first port, I'm cant connet to the switch and switch haven't default ip (like as 10.0.0.1 and have access to switch at first 30 secs)

how I can access to the webinterface?

Sorry. After next reset and press mode button (stat, duplex and speed indicators was green) I'm have access to 10.0.0.1 address and login cisco/cisco.

A lot of thanks! :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card