cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cat OS to IOS on Standby Sup 32

kiran_8095
Level 1
Level 1

I have active SUP 32 running s3223-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF6.bin in sup-bootdisk. But my standby SUP 32 is running bootdisk:cat6000-sup32pfc3k9.8-4-6.bin. How do i upgrade the standby SUP 32 to same IOS as in active SUP 32.

thanks in advance

K

5 Replies 5

Thanks Amit. After inserting the standby SUP 32 in slot 6, the show module output displays " Supervisor - Other Unknown Unknown ". Is it happening since standby is running CATOS and active SUP is running IOS.

I tried changing redundancy modes also but no success.

thanks,

K

Yes it is because you are running different OS on the standby SUP. You should be able to connect the console to the SUP and then do the IOS upgrade.

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

We tried upgrading IOS thro Xmodem. but after copying around 4mb got an exceeded size limit error. We inserted the SUP 32 in slot 6, then went to ROMMON mode (ctrl+break) and did IOS upgrade thro Xmodem.

Is there any other way to upgrade IOS on standby SUP 32. Also we don't have external flash card.

Thanks

K

Kiran,

The only way you could do it by using the Xmodem only. The best thing is to manage the flash card from somewhere else and then work it out using the flash card.

If you can only use Xmodem then possibly try to download the smallest IOS image for the Sup32 and do the Xmodem. The smallest I could find out is close to 49 MB.

-amit singh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card