Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade

tamas.horvath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could you please tell me about the correlation of the hardware version of the small business switch series and bootloader version?
I would like to know for which bootloader version can the hardware be upgraded to.

Thank you in advance,
Tamas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only pre-requisite for upgrade is if you switch is currently running a version earlier than 1.3.5 . If it is you must upgrade to version 1.3.7.18 using both the system image .ros and the bootloader .rfb .

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284099563/type/282463181/release/1.3.7.18

Once this step is completed you can upgrade the system image all the way to 1.4.1.03

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what device model is this ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Hardware version will very rarely be a limiting factor on which bootloader/ firmware version you can load onto a device. In some cases with particular old hardware there may be a limitation with the size of flash available which may prevent larger images being loaded onto the switch.

If you tell us the details of the switch, we can better advise.

Cheers,

Seb.

I'm inquiring about the SG500-52P 52-Port Gigabit PoE Stackable Managed Switch.

The only pre-requisite for upgrade is if you switch is currently running a version earlier than 1.3.5 . If it is you must upgrade to version 1.3.7.18 using both the system image .ros and the bootloader .rfb .

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284099563/type/282463181/release/1.3.7.18

Once this step is completed you can upgrade the system image all the way to 1.4.1.03

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card