cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 2960X Stack

jasongr33nway
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to update a stack but the only tar file I see available also has the Web Based files and when I try to update the IOS with the archive-sw command all the html files are extracted too. Is it possible to only update the bin file without installing everything else?

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what switch mode you are using and what IOS you want to install but there is bin file there as well.

c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E0a.bin

HTH

Thanks for the response, Reza.

I do see the bin file and have it. I am trying to update all 7 switches in the stack without having to copy over the bin file to each flash by using the "archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-4.E8.tar" which updated the entire stack but, as far as I can tell it also installs all the html files.

You are correct. For the stack, you do want the tar fine to make life easy but it does come with all Web stuff you don't need.

I am not sure if there is a way to take these out. I think as long as you have enough room on flash, you should be fine even with all the HTML files. If you really don't want the html stuff than you would have to load the bin file per switch which is a little painful.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
archive download-sw /imageonly
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card