Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading multiple 3850s

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a about 40 switches that would like to upgrade from 3.03.5SE  to 3.6.8 . I would like to know if there is an easy method or tools to upgrade all of them at once with no issue. 

Thanks

Karim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I upgrade hundreds of stacks of switches and I never, ever, use third-party automation or scripting.
The reason why I don't is because I want to catch error messages as they appear. Third-party automation and/or scripting won't catch these important messages.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

shaps
Level 3
Level 3
Hi
You could use a script to load all the images on, I probably wouldn't rebootl the devices at the same time in case of issues, try a small batch first then use a similar script or securcrt chat windows to reload the all the switches at the same time if needed
rob

@shaps Thanks!

I was looking at cattools but I don't think it has the function for IOS upgrade. do you have any examples of secureCRT or Scripts on how to do that? I have secureCRT

Exactly how many stacks are you planning to upgrade?
SecureCRT allows one to open multiple tabs at once. So it's as simple as cut-and-paste the command and let the automation take over after that.

@Leo Laohoo. Thanks!

stack wise, I have some site that have 3 some 2 and some just single switch. Leo, any examples out there that I can follow. I will google it, but just asking in case you know of helpful site.

Thanks

Karim

I upgrade hundreds of stacks of switches and I never, ever, use third-party automation or scripting.
The reason why I don't is because I want to catch error messages as they appear. Third-party automation and/or scripting won't catch these important messages.

I agree, 

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: