Views
Helpful
Replies

UPS for Cisco Router 2811

raghavbhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please let me know which UPS I can setup for my Cisco Router 2811. This router will be installed lone at a corporate apartment for Internet connectivity between two different floors. So just in case of a power outage I don't want to damage the router and need a UPS which can at least give 4 hours of backup. Though I do searched for a lot of links over the internet but just got the below information and have not been able to find a UPS which is  -48 VDC, 160 W (and I really don't know what that is). Please help me if you can, also, it will be of huge help if you can just send me some relevant UPS links from where I can buy it online (India). Someone suggested me 2 KVA UPS will be solve the purpose. Please put some light on it:

Cisco 2811, Cisco 2821, and Cisco 2851

Backup power for AC- or DC-powered routers:

Cisco Redundant Power System (RPS-675)

100 VAC, 10 A, 
or 240 VAC, 6 A

The Cisco RPS provides IP phone power only if the chassis power supply supports IP phone power.

With Cisco 2811: -48 VDC, 160 W

With Cisco 2821: -48 VDC, 240 W

With Cisco 2851: -48 VDC, 360 W

1 Reply 1

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

You can use APC's power calculator to find you a UPS that will work for your router since you are not going to buy and use the RPS.  It will allow you to select your router and put in how much runtime you want.

http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/US/en/home/device/

It looks like a SmartUPS XL 1000VA with one battery unit will get you 393 minutes of battery runtime.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card