Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

View-only access to Catalyst 2960/2960S device manager

I have noticed that when I access the (Web-based) device manager on a Catalyst 2960 or 2960S switch, the authentication prompt (from within IE, at least) includes the phrase, "The server <switch-hostname> at level_15_or_view_access requires a username and password." This would seem to imply that it's possible to configure view-only (a.k.a. read-only) access to the device manager, which would be perfect for first-level support personnel (in our environment). I reviewed the information on how to configure local authentication for the Web server (leveraging "ip http authentication local" among other commands), but the examples are a bit too broad for me understand how to specifically (and only) allow someone coming in via HTTP(S) to gain read-only access to the device manager. (Command line access should be denied entirely for the view-only user, if possible, or at least limited to commands that can't modify the switch's configuration.) Assuming this is possible, could someone cite the command sequence required?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card