Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Filter between Nexus 2000 / 3750-X

Dear all,

I have 2 Cisco Nexus 5000 with each 2 Nexus 2000 in FEX Mode. My Vlan are all in fabric mode.

I would tried to connect a catalyst 3750-X and a nexus 2K together in trunk with filter vlan.

NEXUS 2000 <== Port-Channel ===> Cisco 3750X

N2K :

Po: switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30

Interface  : e101/1/1 & e102/1/1

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 1 mode active

3750X

Po : switchport mode trunk

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

interfaces : Gi0/1 & Gi0/2

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 1 mode active

It doesn't work in allowed vlan (not connection, nothing all) but without the command allowed vlan, my po and my interfaces are up. I tried wihtout LACP in mode etherchannel only but it was the same result.

Questions :

- Could you tell me if this a mechanism with the fabric mode or if there is something to add or modify ?

-  If I have a VLAN 40 from my 3750X but not in the 2K, it is forwarding accross my interface ?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day,

Matthieu

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 2ks are desihned for connecting end devices e.g servers, workstations, etc.. to the network and not connecting other switches to it.  You can however connect your 3750X to both 5ks using vPC.

from the config guide:

Any device running spanning tree connected to a Fabric Extender host interface results in that host

interface being placed in an error-disabled state when a BPDU is received.

link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_6_0/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_6_0.pdf

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: