Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN not propagating to one particualar switch

hi 

i am facing this weird problem. i created several VLANs from my distribution switch and it is propagating to all of them except one switch. the configs are the same but not sure where the issue lies. Can you please give me directions on what to look at.

Thanks

Karthik

7 Replies 7

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It seems your using VTP. Which version?

Could you tell us which vlan is not synced?

Could you paste output of show vtp status from your distribution and access switch? 

Is this vlan not synced on only 1 access switch or all access switches?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

the version number in the VTP status was a mismatch. so i  toggled the VTP mode from client to transparent and back to client which the matched the version number same as the distribution switch and the problem got fixed. Thanks for your input

Cool.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! 

You have to review the VTP configuration, password, domain, version and mode. This could be because the switch is in transparent mode or has any of the other parameters other than the configuration of the distribution switch.

Regards,

PD: If this information was useful please mark the answer as corret and rate it.

Another parameter to take into account is that the port of the switch that connects to the rest of the network must be in trunk mode.

the version number in the VTP status was a mismatch. so i  toggled the VTP mode from client to transparent and back to client which the matched the version number same as the distribution switch and the problem got fixed. Thanks for your input

Very good!

Regards,

-Remember to rate the useful posts.-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card