Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Vlan

I have 4 Cisco IP Phones but only 2 Switch Ports available, can i connect 2 Cisco IP phones on one port i.e. connecting second Cisco IP Phone to a Data Port available on Cisco IP Phone , is it possible ? if so what  configuration is  required  ...

5 Replies 5

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

You can enable PC Voice Vlan Access at the phone level for the phones in the beginning of the chain. Dont forget the AC power brick for the 2nd devices.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers correct if applicable.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

you mean configuring Both Access and Voice  Vlan with Voice Vlan Id ?

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Irshad;

Till now only 1 IP phone (with or without PC) can connect on 1 switch port. If you want to connect 4 IP Phone then you need to purchase an extra PoE switch.

Thanks & Best regards;

Paul
Level 1
Level 1

I've never heard of what you are attempting to be successful.

If you have computers in the occupied access ports, move phones into them and switch a computer off the phone.

Hi Irshad,

Depending on the phone type you are using(most phones have PC ports except few models) you can daisy chain the second phone but you'd have to supply power to the secondary phone.this is usually not a recommended practice see here.

Cheers,

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card