cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC between Nexus and Catalyst

ereguan23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I am new to an environment where there are 2 Cisco Nexus 7K being used as cores and have many vPC to other Cisco non-nexus switches. The switches I am having issues with have the configuration pictured below, where each switch in the stack has 2 links going to the same Nexus switch. My question is, is that the right configuration? Should each link on the stacked switches go to a different Nexus 7K? What I am troubleshooting right now is some mac flapping issues and I was wondering if the way these vPCs connection could be the cause of it. I will appreciate any input anyone can have. Thanks in advance.cisco.png

2 Replies 2

Hello

You really only need two links for resilency and the interconnection and these two links would be in a port-channel on the switch stack and a vpc on the nK7

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the diagram the switches are standalone and also connecting using PO ? other than nexus ?

then you need to look at controlled manner for spanning tree.

For vPC like to connect to swtich to nexus you need 1 link to parent switch.

here is the recommended model for reference :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/nexus-vpc-recommendations/ta-p/3130797

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card