Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC domain ID change

Ashish Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

If i want to change my vpc domain in nexus 5k,  will be there any impact on connected servers.

at present vpc domain id is 1 and want to change it 100.

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Ashish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi in the doc I provided shows it will not as below

Solution

The best way to change the vPC domain ID is to configure a new vpc domain <id> command on both vPC peers. This solution is superior to the removal of the whole vPC configuration and the reapplication of it with the new vPC domain ID.

If you apply a new vPC domain command, it does not remove the current vPC configuration (peer-link, keepalive, vPC port-channels configuration). However, this change does cause the vPC interfaces to flap. The switch displays a warning message about the vPC port-channels that have flapped.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes its service effecting changing the domain make sure you have maintenance window setup  , you can limit the impact if you follow this it may help , create another domain within the active domain

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/116271-problem-vpc-00.html

Hi Mark, 

One more query, If i will change the vPC domain ID then my all configured vPC will be gone or will it remain? at present number of vPC configured : 14

vPC domain id                              : 1
Peer status                                   : peer adjacency formed ok
vPC keep-alive status                  : peer is alive
Configuration consistency status : success
Per-vlan consistency status         : success
Type-2 consistency status             : success
vPC role                                         : primary
Number of vPCs configured              : 14
Peer Gateway                                : Disabled
Dual-active excluded VLANs           : -
Graceful Consistency Check            : Enabled
Auto-recovery status                       : Enabled (timeout = 240 seconds)

Thanks

Ashish

Hi in the doc I provided shows it will not as below

Solution

The best way to change the vPC domain ID is to configure a new vpc domain <id> command on both vPC peers. This solution is superior to the removal of the whole vPC configuration and the reapplication of it with the new vPC domain ID.

If you apply a new vPC domain command, it does not remove the current vPC configuration (peer-link, keepalive, vPC port-channels configuration). However, this change does cause the vPC interfaces to flap. The switch displays a warning message about the vPC port-channels that have flapped.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card