cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF and ACL

kylehash
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if the command "ip multicast-routing vrf ship_Multicast", effect the ACL, or would the ACL be helped by the command.

3 Replies 3

sorry can you more elaborate what is the relation between ACL and commend you mention ?

Sure, so I have two ACL groups in use. And all the traffic is hitting only one of the ACL groups. I am wondering if I use the vrf command will it help the traffic destined for a certain acl group to go to the acl group 

rhallinan7387
Level 1
Level 1

The VRF command will only apply for enabling multicast routing within that VRF. Typically with multiple ACL groups that would mean that you're trying to control which RP address is used for different multicast addresses? If so - you need to make these groups completely exclusive of each other. It is not a 'best match' or 'longest match' scenario - if one multicast group can be permitted by both ACLs you do not have control of which RP will be chosen. I have done this previously in 2 different ways. First was completely different group ranges for each RP. Other was when I wanted specific addresses to go to one RP - and all others to go to a 'main' one. To do this - one ACL was for the specific addresses (permit specifics with deny any any at end), and the other denied everything permitted, and then permit any any at the end).

Please rate helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card