Helpful
Replies

VRF Route Leaking

mediaos718
Level 1
Level 1

See attached diagram:

I need to do the following:

(NOTE: The Firewall and the EIGRP are connected to VRF-C / REMOTE SITE and TRANSIT routers are in the same location)

• For VRF-B to Communicate with VRF-C, the traffic has to go through the transit site then to the MAIN SITE then go back the transit (entering the VRF-C)
  • For VRF-B to reach subnet 10.10.10.0/24, the traffic goes to the MAIN SITE AND BACK to the transit through VRF-C.
  • If the TRANSIT is down, VRF-B has no way to reach the MAIN SITE via the EIGRP link.

What do I need to do to accomplish the following goals without introducing loops:

• To allow VRF-B to reach subnet 10.10.10.0/24 without going to the main site. I did a route import in the TRANSIT router – That did not work for me (I tried it in GNS maybe because of the old IOS).
  • If the link between TRANSIT AND MAIN SITE is down, I want VRF-B to be able to use the EIGRP link to reach the MAIN SITE.

3 Replies 3

Hi, 
transit site are there any Host connect to VRF or you want only to forward it to Main Site?

There is not host connected on TRANSIT - Just forwarding to MAIN SITE.

If so why you don’t config gre tunnel to send traffic from remote to main and make share in main site only?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card