cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route GUEST traffic to different ISP

istoleyowifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I need some help with a project I'm working on. I'm attaching an image for a better idea. I'm working on this project where the CSW is connected to several sites, and those sites have their own core switch and various vlans. The idea is that each site will have a vlan for GUEST traffic, the sites are connected and advertise their routes via EIGRP and ACL will block any traffic from the GUEST vlan to the PRODUCTION vlans and networks.

The problem I'm facing is when the 10.2.0.0/16 traffic reaches the CSW, it will try to route the traffic out to R2 (ISP1) which is the default gateway for the PRODUCTION, what I want to do is route all 10.2.0.0/16 traffic to R3 which will be ISP2. I created a VRF on CSW and configured the default gateway to R3 and the vlan 200 for the 10.2.1.0/24 traffic, the GUEST network on CSW (10.2.1.0/24) goes out to R3, but I can't find a way to route all 10.2.0.0/16 traffic to R3 (ISP2).

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

Screenshot 2021-03-03 135352.png

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
when the 10.2.0.0/16 traffic reaches the CSW, it will try to route the traffic out to R2 (ISP1) which is the default gateway for the PRODUCTION, what I want to do is route all 10.2.0.0/16 traffic to R3 which will be ISP2

This bit is not clear, if the Route going to R2, you want to change to Route all default to R3 ? so you can play with metric right ?

or you looking only at some subnet to R3 rest all should use default route R2?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

only the GUEST traffic (which starts with 10.2.X.X) needs to go to R3, the rest of the traffic should use default route to R2.

how about configuring offset in eigrp for that subnet to take R3

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/enhanced-interior-gateway-routing-protocol-eigrp/13673-14.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

@istoleyowifi wrote:

what I want to do is route all 10.2.0.0/16 traffic to R3 which will be ISP2. I created a VRF on CSW and configured the default gateway to R3 and the vlan 200 for the 10.2.1.0/24 traffic, the GUEST network on CSW (10.2.1.0/24) goes out to R3, but I can't find a way to route all 10.2.0.0/16 traffic to R3 (ISP2).

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

Sounds like Policy Based Routing would accommodate this - you would apply the policy ingress on the L3 SVI  interface for 10.2.0.0/16 and PBR it via the next-hop of ISP2

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card