Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS sees its own IGMP queries via VSL

Hi Networkers

i've weird situation on VSS 6509 with IGMP-queries sourced by single SVI coming back via VSL from standby VSS-member. Gonfiguration:

interface Vlan700
ip dhcp relay information trusted
ip address 10.70.0.1 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 10.0.43.100
ip helper-address 10.0.100.30
ip pim sparse-mode
ip igmp snooping querier query-interval 5000
ip igmp snooping querier

LOGs:
Oct 8 13:56:11: %IGMP-3-QUERY_INT_MISMATCH: Received a non-matching query interval 5, from querier address 10.70.0.1
Oct 8 13:57:11: %IGMP-3-QUERY_INT_MISMATCH: Received a non-matching query interval 5, from querier address 10.70.0.1
(& so on so on so on)

i've been trying to catch the path packets get to come back to switch with number of tools but i was only able to catch it with netdr. decoded src_intf points on 21/Switch (switch itself), 37/Te2/5/4,Te2/5/5 (VSL comprising intfs on standby VSS-member).

Any idea how to t/s further w/o TAC involvement?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this  thread contains useful hints :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/error-igmp-3-query-int-mismatch-received-a-non-matching-query/td-p/3346290

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you need IGMP on your network ? what is VLAN 700 in your network ?

check one of my thread to resolve

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-network-architecture/received-igmp-3-query-int-mismatch-from-unknown-host/td-p/3782517

if this not working please post more information,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi & @marce1000
thanks Guys but references r useless in this case. In my env i've managed to t/s referred cases in few minutes by capturing data coming to the switch, isolating sources & filtering it on access layer.

In current case VSS is itself source of IGMP queries & it made me to stuck on how to find the reason why VSS receives its own queries via VSL %O.

Seems like TAC is unavoidable...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card