Views
Helpful
Replies

VTP Pruning, VLAN Tagging & VTP.

aqusingh7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I require some help with the CCNA topics below:-

when this command (sh if trunk)runs; what does a vtp pruned output look like compared to a non vtp pruned output

The ports that populate the same trunk create a group with the native VLAN, and each port "gets tagged with an identification number reflecting that", again the default being VLAN1. The native VLAN allows the trunking to carry information that was received without any VLAN ID or frame tag......whats the native vlan that the trunk(ports) creates a gp wth/how does it & whats the statement in speechmarks referring to?

3. Is the main diffc btwn VTP & ISL/802.1Q that the VTP is more used for management & administration???

Am I correct that the exam is passable if you know your subnet/vlsm/summarisations, switching topics & router topics like the back of your hand? i.e do them all in your head n stuff? When will the 640-802 exam expire?

1 Reply 1

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Baljit,

I would suggest you to buy a CCNA book from Ciscopress and undestand the basics of this topic well: www.ciscopress.com

When you understand the basics, you can read the following pages:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/tech_configuration_guides_list.html

I'm referring you to these links because you are asking too big topics that can be answered easier by links.

Cheers:

Istvan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card