Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP issue on 3560G and bluecoat SG800

zhangxuanyi
Level 1
Level 1

i`ve enaled the wccp fetrue in the 3560G,wrok with the bluecoat SG800

most time them wroked very well,but i found there is the communication faiure with itunes and msn

is the anyboby can explain this?and how to fix this ?

here is the config:

SW: version :12.2(r50)

ip wccp 19 redirect-list 20 group-list 19

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
no switchport
ip address 10.41.250.94 255.255.255.252
ip wccp 19 redirect in

access-list 19 permit 10.42.247.33
access-list 20 permit any

SG800: Version :5.4.2.11

wccp enable
wccp version 2

service-group 19
forwarding-type L2
multicast-ttl 1
priority 0
protocol 6
interface 0:0
primary-hash-weight 0:0 0
service-flags ports-defined
ports 80  0  0  0  0  0  0  0
home-router 10.42.247.253
assignment-type mask
mask-scheme source-ip
end

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Did you check the Bluecoat to make sure that this device is not blocking access to these two web sites?

I think there is a log called Internet Activity on the Bluecoat.

Did you check this log as you tried to browse to these web sites to see if they are being blocked by the Bluecoat?

There are also some articles on the Bluecoat knowledge base about these two web sites being blocked by a Bluecoat.

I think that if there was a problem with the WCCP config then you would not be able to browse to any web sites through the Bluecoat.

Please remember to rate all posts that are useful by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Did you check the Bluecoat to make sure that this device is not blocking access to these two web sites?

I think there is a log called Internet Activity on the Bluecoat.

Did you check this log as you tried to browse to these web sites to see if they are being blocked by the Bluecoat?

There are also some articles on the Bluecoat knowledge base about these two web sites being blocked by a Bluecoat.

I think that if there was a problem with the WCCP config then you would not be able to browse to any web sites through the Bluecoat.

Please remember to rate all posts that are useful by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,sean evershed:

Thank you for your answer and suggestion!

I am very sorry that i could not describe the case more specificlly.

When i`ve used the bluecoat as the normal proxy server,which through config the internet option in the browser,and i found everything is ok.I can open the itunes store,and download the apps.

But when i cancel the proxy config in my brower,use the wccp do the redirect, the common browse in internet is ok,however there is something wrong with the applications aceess the internet.The itunes store could not open.

so i think the bluecoat is ok,but i am not sure the WCCP can support the C/S apps very well.

ps:1.i did the NAT for the bluecoat,all the http packet which is redirected,would been same source to the destination site.

2.i did the PAT for the other packet, which was not TCP 80 port,the bluecoat did not nothing,and the SW would forwarding the packet directly.

3.so i thought maybe the apps have some security check mechanism,to check the source ip address,i tried to change the config in bluecoat,redirected all the tcp port,this change might been ensure the source address were the same ,but it was not worked,the itunes store could open in the itunes,but when i download the apps,the error appeared!

i will check the log on the bluecoat.

I`ve check the log on bluecoat,It might been the policy on bluecoat denied the  itunes.i changed the policy,and the problem solved,thank you !

zhangxuanyi
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anybody can help me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: