cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web redirect

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I know this may seem like an easy task, but I can't get it to work. Basicly, I want to leave an AP wide open, but all web requests go to a specific website, say google. I will put an access list to block anything else, but when the customer connects and opens their web browser, it should automatically go to google.com regardless of what they type in their browser. I don't have any proxy servers or anything, but I figured I could just do a route map and apply it to the vlan interface on the switch. I've applied the below config, but it isn't having any affect. If I put in msn.com, it goes to msn.com instead of the ip configured below. I've got a laptop hardwired with an IP in the same subnet and the route-map isn't catching any traffic. What am I doing wrong? Below is the relevant config. Thanks for any help.

Extended IP access list Test

10 deny tcp any any neq www

20 deny tcp host 65.39.205.57 any

30 permit tcp any any

route-map Test permit 15

match ip address Test

set ip next-hop 65.39.205.57

interface Vlan30

ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0

ip policy route-map Test

route-map Test, permit, sequence 100

Match clauses:

ip address (access-lists): Test

Set clauses:

ip next-hop 65.39.205.57

Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

1 Reply 1

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I take it no one has done this before? Even if the next-hop wasn't coming into effect, why wouldn't the ACL be catching the traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card