Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all,I have two site that has a copper wire ( 2 wire) connection between each router ( No Telco in between ). Now I want to use 1921 router with HWIC-4SHDSL-E card to connect these two site together. Can I use attach configuration to make the con...

acbennyma by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:My customer wants to know if my switches support IGMPv3. How can I give him an accurate answer? How can I check. I thought if it supports 1 version of IGMP it supports all three?Thank you in advance,Ashley

Hi allI need to SPAN a port on my 6509 to a NAC server, to enable to NAC to work correctly I need to span all my client vlans, there is about 100 off them, about 2500 clients on there.If I span all these vlans to a single port, will it cause any issu...

Hello,We have 2 x Nortel 8600s (now Avaya) that are 6-7 years old.  They have 96 1GB ports on each and we only use about 30 and the CPU average is around 2% and memory is 40% (256mb).  Going into 8600s we have 8 x Nortel 5520 48port gig switches.We w...

Andy White by Level 3
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am attempting to upgrade the line cards in my 6503 switch.How do I find out what version of line card firmware I am currently running ?Also, does anyone know if there is a good paper on upgrading all aspects of a 6500 ... i.e, IOS, ROMs (msfc & ...

mcroft by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,does anyone encountered this problem ?there   was this router cisco 815 that i consoled. i cannot go into its  priviledge mode. even typing enable still cant go to its # mode. whats  the problem with this router? how am i able to fix it? its i...

Hi , I m getting below error messages in show logs - Aug 12  15:30:57.127 IST: %ENVIRONMENT-3-RPS_FAILED: Faulty internal power supply  detected   Aug 12 15:31:02.175  IST: %ENVIRONMENT-3-RPS_FAILED: Faulty internal power supply detected   Aug  12 15...

Hi, I have an issue with a customers 6503 with Sup-2T cards, where we are locked out of the console due to an authentication configuration error. So tried several times to get the card into rommon, with no success. Checking through the various docume...

aacole by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card