cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What version of IOS can I upgrade 2960-XR switch stack currently running version 15.0(2)E5

GEFF
Level 1
Level 1

What version of IOS should I upgrade our 2960-XR stacks currently running 5.0(2)EX4 IOS? Do I have to do the upgrade version to version or I can jump to the very latest version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The recommended version by Cisco is "c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin" and you can jump directly to this version as long as you have the proper DRAM and flash space 128/64.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The recommended version by Cisco is "c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin" and you can jump directly to this version as long as you have the proper DRAM and flash space 128/64.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can upgrade directly.

But read before upgrade below :

1. read the relase notes.

2. check all the features supported and working (no bug reported before upgrading).

3. upgrade necessary to fix any security patches ?

4. if you doing mass upgrade, make sure you upgrade 1 or 2 device and wait for monoitoring all working, before you deploy rest all.

5. take the configuraiton our of the box always and prefer in case (unlikely) so you have backup config to restore.

6. allow decent enough time to reboot, in that time users can not have access. ( so maintennace window).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card