cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When did last time perminant dhcp binding ip leased.

Hi guys...

Im my network on old 2950 switch i have configured a DHCP server with perminant dhcp binding based on the client hardware address.

Some of these devices "ip" are not used any more due to client device nit used im y network any more.

Is there any way to find out when any if these IPs dhcp perminant binding were used to reuse these IPs cos am running out of the subnet?

Any commands or ideas to collect them.

Thanks in advance.

M.R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not exactly i don't think through binding you can check a timer for when it was last used as its permanent but you could check the arp table for the ip address map it to the mac address and then check the port the mac is assigned to for the last time traffic was on it in/out and check the counters see if they have been used.

there may be other ways that's just a way I check if I can remove patch cable from a switchport when theres nothing free left

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not exactly i don't think through binding you can check a timer for when it was last used as its permanent but you could check the arp table for the ip address map it to the mac address and then check the port the mac is assigned to for the last time traffic was on it in/out and check the counters see if they have been used.

there may be other ways that's just a way I check if I can remove patch cable from a switchport when theres nothing free left

Thanx for you good reply Malone but unfortunately these clients are wireless devices and all times here is just agning time in seconds andam talking here about sevices not exist for days r month.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card