cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Access Point?!

aeronav01
Level 1
Level 1

I am assigned to implement a wireless network and i intend to use repeater mode in the building but, there is one problem, iam not sure which access point supports more than one MAC address to repeat to and the other to recieve (trying to input more than one MAC address in each AP for redundancy).

Does anyone know a Cisco or non Cisco AP that supports more than one MAC address for repeating mode?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Takashi Higashimura
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aero,

You have posted your question to wrong place because this forum is Japanese only.

Could you please post it to following site again?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/

Regards,

Takashi

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Be aware that every repeater you implement between the two sites, the speed/throughput cuts in half.

So you sure you want to go down this path?

Thanks,What i want is 7 access points in the building, only one of them will be connected to the ethernet and sends the singnal to the next, so 6 of them will not be connected to anything but the power.

Depending on the size of the building, that approach may not work well in practice.

Ignoring the potential bottleneck of the 100/1000 connection between the single AP and the WLC/Switch (depending if Autonomous or WLC), repeating the signal X amount of times also reduces the speed/throughput as mentioned by Leo above.

If you only have a handful of clients using this Wireless Network, it may be fine but its definitely not suitable for a larger deployment where you expect to have maybe 10-15 people per AP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card