cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which AP I am login

petercinvest
Level 1
Level 1

I have access to switch only, I can't access WLC, currently I have three AP on the wall, my DHCP is in windows 2008 server.

my laptop get IP: 10.30.7.123, which belongs to wifi vlan, how to check which AP i am using (for example AP's IP address)? 

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

without access to the wlc the only way I could think of doing that is a layer 2 trace using traceroute/tracert , if you trace by ip you will just hit the SVI but you should be able to trace hops in macs from pc and the then see which mac belongs to which ap , mac address is usually on the back of the aps

the traceroute www.yahoo.com, it display times out after first go to SVI interface, i think our checkpoint server block.traceroute

pls investigate other solution

Hello

If this a lwapp or autonomous ?

if you can get into an ap then choose the closest ap and logon to it

sh dot1q associations 

however if you don't have access try your default gateway address as a central point to initiate your searc and look for the MAC address and trace it that way as mark suggested

On your pc

run /cmd

ipconfig /all  this  give you your default gatway and MAC address and also to retrieve you can use getmac /v

res

paul

once your e done that

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

we only have sh dot1q interface but no sh dot1q association, no dot1q tunnel

we are using IOS-XE 3.2.3

Hello

aplogies my typo

Show dot11 associations

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card