Views
Helpful
Replies

Which iOS for. 4507 switch with sup 7

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

When I purchase my 4507 with sup 7, do they come only with ios xe ?

Also if I buy a redundant supervisor, do I also need a software licence for that or is it one licence per chassis ?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

All new Sups come with IOS xe.

As for the license, you only need to buy one license for both sups, as you are not using the stand-by sup unit the primary fails.

HTH

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Also if I buy a redundant supervisor, do I also need a software licence for that or is it one licence per chassis ?

No, one IOS license cover both sups.  However, I believe you need the "better" IOS feature set to correctly support dup sups.

serge123
Level 1
Level 1

When you purchase your 4507 you will have the option of chosing and IOS xe  LAN base, IP Base or Enterprise Services

Cisco IOS XE Software LAN Base: This image provides Layer 2 features for campus access.

Cisco IOS XE Software IP Base: this image is upgradable with a software activation license (SAL). It

includes all Layer 2 features and some basic Layer 3 features. ISSU/SSO is supported in this package.

Cisco IOS XE Software Enterprise Services: This image is upgradable with a SAL; it supports full Layer 3

protocols and advanced features such as complete routing scalability, BGP, VRF, Policy-Based Routing,

and so on.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card