Views
Helpful
Replies

which module fiber support 40km?

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have Cisco switch 3560 and 3750 and i would like to connect both switch with fiber destand 40 Km,

Could you let me know which P/N that support on this?

Best Regards,

Rechard

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Destrand?  You mean a single strand of LH fibre?

You mean GLC-BX?  BX can't go beyond 10 kms.

Dear Leolaohoo,

my HQ to branch around 40Km, and now i have Cisco 3560 and 3750.

Which module should i order?

Best Regards,

rechard

What do you mean by "destrand"?

Dear Leolaohoo,

i mean Distance around 40Km.

Best Regards,

Rechard

ZX, as what Antonio has posted below, can support up to 43 kms.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

BTW:

When shorter lengths of single-mode fiber are used, it may be necessary  to insert an in-line optical attenuator in the link to avoid overloading  the receiver.

Insert  a 10-dB in-line optical attenuator between the fiber-optic cable plant  and the receiving port on the 1000BASE-ZX GBIC module at each end of the  link whenever the fiber-optic cable span is less than 15.5 miles (25  km).

Insert  a 5-dB in-line optical attenuator between the fiber-optic cable plant  and the receiving port on the 1000BASE-ZX GBIC module at each end of the  link whenever the fiber-optic cable span is equal to or greater than  15.5 miles (25 km) but less than 31 miles (50 km).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card