cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless LAN Controller not pingable when plugged into trunk port?

abrrymnvette
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller WCL2112 model. It's currently plugged into an HP Procurve switch on a trunk port. That HP switch is plugged into my Cisco stack on a trunk port. I can reach the WCL just fine through the LAN. But when I plug the WCL directly into the Cisco stack on a trunk port, I can't reach the WCL at all, unless I connect to it over wireless. The interface shows it's conneccted and up/up. But no communications are sent across the line. I did a wireshark and can see only ARP request from the WCL.

The trunk port on the stack is set to:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

The WCL has 3 VLAN's on it and the SSID of VLAN 1 is our office wireless. If that matters. .

The Cisco Stack is 4 switches. cisco WS-C3750X-48P

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most likely differences in the way HP and cisco implement the trunking function, can't help there have no HP gear in our  net.  Maybe the way the HP handles the native vlan??

I'm trying to take the HP out of the mix and plug the WCL directly into the Cisco stack. I want the HP gone.

I found a wireless subforum and cross posted my issue there. https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2167957

So, this thread can probably be closed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: