Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless VLAN getting wrong addresses after DCPROMO

Could the issue described here be related to our Cisco network even though the network has not been altered?  Last week we were shut down for factory maintenance.  We brought a new primary domain controller on line and demoted the old, and moved DHCP to the new PDC.  Since then our wireless devices have been picking up the wrong address.    For example, wireless devices should pick up an xxx.xxx.133.xxx address, but report they have an xxx.xxx.130.xxx address, and then they do not connect to the network.  We did not have an idea of the full impact, but the wireless network is basically down.  There are a hand- full of devices that have the proper address.  I don’t have a clue where to begin.  Normally, I would check the network switches, and I did briefly.  However, this started when we switched domain controllers.  So, I think it might a better use of time to look at the DHCP side, which I have briefly.  Where and what do you think I should start looking at?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A Cisco tech showed me were the Controller's DHCP Proxy was not enabled and is necessary.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kevin Martin
Level 1
Level 1
I'd probably start with checking your L3 interfaces and ensure that the IP Helper config is correct if the DHCP Server is IP'd outside of the wireless LAN.
***Please Mark and Rate helpful posts***

pieterh
VIP
VIP

Do you use a unauthorized (.130.xxx ) and a authorized (.133.xxx) vlans?

so the vlan is altered after authentication/authorization by a radiusserver?

check the radius server between the DC and the wireless controller? (like Cisco ISE?)

then this may not have switched over to the new DC ……..

A Cisco tech showed me were the Controller's DHCP Proxy was not enabled and is necessary.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card