Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM and 6509 switch

phc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is south korea. English is not my native language. I hope you get my drift.

My customer have two 6509 switches with WiSMs. Each switch has one WiSM and runs 80 APs. So My customer is using total 160 APs.

From a few month ago, Each WiSMs suffers freezing problem, I means that ping to WiSM service port is okay and ping to WiSM management port doesn't work and telnet and console also doesn't work for connecting to find out what the problem is and there are no logs in the 6509 switch about this simuation. I think that this problem has happened after upgrade image of WiSM from 5.1.163.0 to 6.0.182.0. I had done upgrade all of four controllers. Whenever this problem happens, Fail-over didn't work until after reset WiSM or remove from slot of 6509 switch.

1.WiSM Module version - v6.0.182.0

2.Supervisor 720 CPU Module Version

- IOS version : v12.2(18)SXF15

- Boot ROM version : 12.2(17r)SX5

- DRAM size : 512Mbytes

- Boot Flash memory size : 64Mbytes

I have a plan to upgrade image of 6509 switch from 12.2(18)SXF15 to 12.2.18-SXF17b. I read release note of 6509 switch and I found there are some issues about WiSM which are not related with my problem but I will try. Could I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Phil

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Upgrade your Sup720 to either SXI9 or 10 (or later).  You could also try SXJ3.

2.  Upgrade your WiSM-1 firmware to 7.0.235.X.  Make sure you upgrade the bootstrap as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card